GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) — A house fire has left one woman dead and one man hospitalized.
News outlets report an 84-year-old woman has died from the injuries she suffered in the Georgetown, Delaware house fire. This is the state’s first fire fatality this year. Eleven people died in Delaware fires last year.
A 54-year-old man was also injured, though he remains in critical condition at a hospital. Assistant State Fire Marshal Michael Chionchio tells The Daily Journal of Salisbury that firefighters found the two residents injured in their smoky home with severe burns on Wednesday.
Chionchio says the cause of the fire and its point of origin are still unknown. The Delaware Office of the State Fire Marshal is investigating.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sniffles? Cancer? Under Medicare plan, payments for office visits would be same for both
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- Man firing into Toronto cafes shoots 14 people, killing 2 WATCH
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- After a week of walkbacks, Trump returns to Russia doubting