SANFORD, N.C. (AP) — Police say one person has been arrested in a shooting that happened during a Christmas parade in central North Carolina.
Sanford Police Sgt. Vincent Frazier tells local news outlets that 20-year-old Deion Jamille Johns was arrested Monday and charged with several crimes including attempted murder.
Authorities say two people were hurt in the shooting that happened Monday night around 8 p.m. at Sanford’s annual Christmas parade. Police say one person is in serious condition, while the other person’s injury is not life threatening.
Johns was being held in the Lee County jail on a $360,000 secured bond with a first court appearance scheduled for Tuesday. It wasn’t immediately known if he has an attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- No survivors found after plane that flew over DC, led to fighter jets scramble crashes in Virginia
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- TikToker ate just McDonald’s for 100 days — and lost 58 pounds
- What happened when a Brooklyn neighborhood policed itself for five days VIEW
- Colleagues want a 95-year-old judge to retire. She's suing them instead
Information from: The Sanford Herald, http://www.sanfordherald.com