We’re gearing up for some freezing-cold temperatures this weekend, so here are some ideas for having fun and staying warm in the upcoming days.
Eats and drinks
- Grab some street food from one of Seattle’s food trucks, which have gotten creative to maintain business amid the pandemic.
- Try takeout from one of these restaurant recommendations courtesy of food critic Bethany Jean Clement.
- Get your spooky on with this recipe for easy-to-make haunted-house glass window cookies.
- For these dark fall days, make this homemade cream of mushroom soup — plus comfort-food supreme Fancy Tuna Noodle Casserole.
- Check out the winners of our Pantry Kitchen Challenge, who all came up with some pretty creative meals. Maybe they will inspire you to participate in Round 3 of the cooking competition.
- Read and laugh over this dinner-at-a-movie pairing of Din Tai Fung’s “Full Moon Feast” and Netflix’s “Over the Moon.” Then get take out, watch the movie and see if you agree.
- Whether you’re looking for dine-in, takeout or delivery options, check out our updating list of restaurants that you can sort by neighborhood.
- Join Moira’s Book Club and read “Virgil Wander” by Leif Enger.
- Get ready for Halloween and embrace autumn with this diverse group of six spooky, odd and just-plain-weird tales.
- Or if you’re looking for something scarier, read one of these four new horror books.
- Cozy up on the couch with these six paperbacks as weather around Seattle gets cooler.
Movies and TV
- Catch Bellingham-raised grocery store buyer Angelique Munoz compete on the ABC revival of “Supermarket Sweep” Sunday night.
- If you’re thinking about visiting a recently reopened movie theater, here’s which ones are open and what to expect.
- Fall in love again with “Mudbound,” this week’s pick from our critic’s series “Movies with Moira.”
- Find something to stream from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Take this 5-mile walk between Interbay and Ballard, and along the way check out some of Seattle’s best breweries.
- Get through these chilly days by practicing the Scandinavian concept known as friluftsliv, which translates most directly to “free-air life.”