Merry Christmas! Whether you’re celebrating or not today, here are some activities you can do in your home or around the community this weekend.
Eats and drinks
- Use up your candy canes with this recipe for peppermint meringue cookies.
- Stock up on bargain wines from Costco; here are the best ones to buy, and the ones to skip.
- Or grab some to-go drinks from these 11 new taprooms and wine bars that have opened in and around the Seattle area.
- Warm up your home with this recipe for hot cocoa bombs.
- Check out this updating list of where you can get takeout or delivery in the Seattle area.
- If you’re looking for takeout today, here are Seattle-area restaurants open on Christmas.
Holidays and events
- Are you spending the holidays? Use these tips to embrace the pause and choose your own holiday happy.
- Participate in Pacific Science Center’s virtual field trip programs, and check out these other in-person and virtual events around the Seattle area.
- Test your puzzle skills with this holiday maze.
- Catch up on our full guide to the 2020 holiday season.
- Pick up a new read from this list of books that got Seattle-area booksellers through 2020.
- Join Moira’s Book Club ahead of the next discussion in January.
Movies and TV
- If you’re looking to shake up your seasonal viewing, here are some recommendations for some non-traditional holiday movies.
- Find something to watch from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Stream two of 2020’s most anticipated movies: “Wonder Woman 1984” and Pixar’s “Soul.”
- Go winter camping with these tips on how to get started and stay safe.