Happy Friday, everyone! We are in for a chilly January weekend, so bundle up, hunker down and check out our list of activities you can do in the coming days.
Eats and drinks
- Dining on a budget? Try these five dishes for under $10 recommended by our food critic.
- Head to Columbia City for tofu banh mi, coffee with intriguing salty cheese foam and more great neighborhood eats.
- Make this chili recipe for a warming, meaty, versatile bowl of goodness.
- Preserve your fruits with this recipe for apple butter.
- Check out this updating list of where you can get takeout or delivery in the Seattle area.
- Check out a great indie book store at Oh Hello Again on Capitol Hill.
- Looking for your next job? Check out Seattle Public Library’s jobs search program.
- Add these six new paperbacks to your reading list.
- Watch Pacific Northwest Book Award winner E.J. Koh discuss the paperback reissue of “The Magical Language of Others” in a virtual event with Elliott Bay Book Co.
- Check out books from Seattle Public Library, as they’ve expanded curbside service to 13 branches.
Movies, music and TV
- Find something to watch from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Check out The Head and the Heart’s live album and film from their 2019 performance at Pike Place Market.
- Fall in love again with “Lone Star,” this week’s pick from our critic’s series “Movies with Moira.”