Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend with this roundup of activities you can do in the Seattle area.
Eats and drinks
- Head to Edmonds for two new waterfront restaurants and some great Korean fried chicken.
- Friday is National Burger Day! Get a free burger from Uneeda Burger, or hit up some of Seattle’s other great burger spots.
- Don’t want to go out? Stay home and try making these salmon burgers with pickle mayo for the Memorial Day holiday.
- Check out new pizza spots, bakeries and more in this roundup of 29 new restaurants that have opened in Seattle.
- Play 2021 Summer Book Bingo — download your card here and get reading for your chance to win prizes. If you need some help finding books, check out these recommendations.
- Let your kids join in on Book Bingo, too! Download cards here and also find recommendations from a local middle school librarian.
- Looking for some great summer reading? Here are eight page-turners to start.
- This Sunday marks 50 years since Mariner 9 set off for Mars. Explore space from your sofa with these four books.
Outdoors and travel
- Take a quiet walk at this hidden beach, which links Golden Gardens and Carkeek Park.
- Consider these five low-elevation Washington state hikes over Memorial Day weekend.
- Brace for a busy Memorial Day travel weekend across Washington — here’s a guide to navigating it.