A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
For Dec. 20-26
Most Read Life Stories
- Pickpocketed in Paris: Travel guru Rick Steves learns a lesson | Rick Steves' Europe
- Brandi Carlile loves wine and humanitarian causes. Now, she's created XOBC, a wine club for a worthy cause
- Reader's Lens | A swarm of hummingbirds
- A travel trailer of one’s own: The historic Sou’wester Lodge on the Washington coast makes a perfect creative retreat VIEW
- Margaret Hamilton's sister shares her memories as Seattle's seniors celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing
Christmas lights tours
Today, Wed Join a van tour of North King and South Snohomish counties, 6:15-9 p.m., Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, $6. Pre-register: 425-487-2441.
The Yorkshire Dales
Tomorrow Slide show with University of Washington professor emeritus Ron Nece, 10:45 a.m., Ballard Northwest Senior Activities Center, 5429 32nd Ave. N.W., Seattle, free. 206-297-0403 and www.nwseniorcenter.org
Wed Harp concert; transportation leaves at 1 p.m., Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, $19/members-$24/nonmembers. Pre-register: 425-487-2441.
Wed 12:45 p.m., Wallingford Community Senior Center, 4649 Sunnyside Ave. N., Seattle, free. 206-461-7825.
New Year’s lunch
Jan. 6 Reservations accepted through Jan. 3 for a luncheon with entertainment and featuring Don Armstrong, of Jewish Family Services, and Rivy Poupko Kletenik discussing the Talmud, 12:30 p.m., Stroum Jewish Community Center, 3801 E. Mercer Way, Mercer Island, $7. Reservations: 206-232-7115.
University of Washington research studies
On-going Volunteers sought for three research projects of varied length. For details and information: Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center, 206-764-2069.
Healthy volunteers 65 and older for a look at how stress hormones are affected in aging.
Alzheimer’s patients needed for a 20-month study to see if a cholesterol-lowering drug can help slow the progression of the disease.
Alzheimer’s patients with agitation to study an investigational drug used to treat agitation.
Tomorrow1 p.m., Riverside Landing Apartments, 9929 N.E. 180th, across the street from Northshore Senior Center, Bothell, free. 206-727-6214.
Submit Senior Calendar listings three weeks in advance to: email@example.com or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111