A weekly list of classes, activities and other events.
For Jan. 3-9
New Year’s lunch
Most Read Life Stories
- Attention, Seattle! Two famous Filipino fried-chicken chains are in your backyard. Here's why you should go.
- Why cold-brew coffee became cool in coffee-mad Seattle — and how to make your own
- 17 latest Seattle restaurant closures — plus one big-name Capitol Hill place that’s closing soon
- Sun's out, deals out! Five great new Seattle happy hours to check out this summer
- 42 new restaurants in Seattle include a much-anticipated Alki pasta place, a Jewish deli and many hot-pot spots
Today Last day to RSVP for lunch, 12:30 p.m. Thursday, Stroum Jewish Community Center, 3801 E. Mercer Way, Mercer Island, $7. RSVP: 206-232-7115, ext. 269.
Sat Annual swing dance featuring vocal group and Ballard High School jazz combo. Lessons, 6 p.m. and dance, 7 p.m., Commons, Ballard Junior High School, 1418 N.W. 65th St., Seattle, $8/advance, $10/at door. 206-252-1000.
Fri New continuing discussion group explores the nine steps to the healing powers and medical benefits of real forgiveness outlined in Dr. Fred Luskin’s book, “Forgive for Good.” 9:30 a.m. Fridays, Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell, free. 425-487-2441.
Tomorrow, Thu Beginning Macintosh, 9:30-11 a.m. tomorrow and Thursday, $20 and America Online, 12:30 p.m., Thursday, $15, Northshore Senior Center, 10201 E. Riverside Drive, Bothell. Preregister: 425-487-2441.
Wed, Fri Two-day class, 10 a.m., Greater Mill Creek Senior Program, McCollum Park, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett, $16. Preregister: 425-357-6002.
Ongoing University of Washington study to understand how genetics and stress hormones affect memory. Participants with and without memory problems. Information: 206-277-4436.
Ongoing University of Washington and Seattle Veteran’s Hospital study to understand how stress hormones are affected in aging. Information: 206-764-2069.
Thu 11 a.m., Greater Mill Creek Senior Program, McCollum Park, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett, free. Preregister: 425-357-6002.
Submit Senior Calendar listings three weeks in advance to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Senior Calendar, P.O. Box 1845, Seattle, WA 98111