Others on the list range from Ellensburg to Winthrop.
Walla Walla made another list of top places. This time for being among the 10 Most Beautiful Towns in Washington.
The list was written by Marcelina Morfin for The Culture Trip, described as “a one-stop digital platform for global culture and lifestyle” for every country.
“From the west coast to the east coast, Washington is a photographer’s dream,” the piece opened. “Not only do they have lovely cities such as Seattle to capture on film, but also many towns and villages with distinct characteristics — from picturesque coastal finds to charming mountain towns and rural villages.”
Communities that made the cut: Ellensburg, Friday Harbor, La Conner, Leavenworth, Port Townsend, Poulsbo, Prosser, Republic, Walla Walla and Winthrop — clearly listed in alphabetical order.
Most Read Life Stories
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- What happens when a top Seattle chef opens two places in the Amazon Spheres? A look at Deep Dive and Willmott's Ghost
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- Ever wander by these little cottages in the heart of Belltown? Stop in for an art class sometime soon | Seattle Sketcher
Of Walla Walla, Morfin wrote:
“Located in Southeastern Washington, Walla Walla is a larger town brimming with beauty, including alluring tree-lined streets. There is not only a charming downtown area abound with historical buildings dating back to the 1850s with shops, cafes and more, where guests can take a leisurely stroll but also more than 100 wineries in and around the area along with many tasting rooms. Featured as one of the Dozen Distinctive Destinations, Walla Walla also offers those visiting their town a variety of walking tours, including the Downtown Historic Trail Guide, the Historic Homes Walk, and the Public Art Walk to name a few. Other places of interest include the Fort Walla Walla Museum and the great outdoors, which provides many adventures.”