Sept. 2-4 Music, dance, theater, film, literary art, visual art, comedy, kids’ activities, Seattle Center, Seattle; three-day passes start at $180 (bumbershoot.com).
Vintage Aircraft Weekend
Sept. 2-4 Vintage aircraft arrive throughout the day Sept. 2; speakers, music, vintage aircraft displays and flights, vintage cars, bicycles and military vehicles, food vendors, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Sept. 3; meet pilots, rides in vintage planes available, Sept. 4, Historic Flight Foundation, 10719 Bernie Webber Drive, Mukilteo (425-348-3200 or vintageaircraftweekend.org).
Washington State Fair
Sept. 2-25 Concerts, carnival rides, 4-H animals and displays, vendors, food, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturdays-Sundays, closed Tuesdays, Washington State Fair Events Center, 110 Ninth Ave. S.W., Puyallup; $9-$12.50 (253-841-5045 or thefair.com).
Kids Market Day
Sept. 3 Kids sell their handmade arts and crafts, 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Sept. 3, Redmond Saturday Market, 7730 Leary Way, Redmond (425-556-0636 or redmondsaturdaymarket.org).
Bellevue Live At Lunch
Summer Guide 2016
- 5 extra-fun food field trips
- 5 favorite open-air bars
- 5 top spots for boating
- 5 hot concerts around Seattle
- 5 great picnic spots around Seattle
- Find summer-fresh food at farmers markets around Seattle and beyond
- Get out in the sun and swim
- Your weekend-by-weekend guide to summer fun
Sept. 6-8 Outdoor concerts, noon Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, downtown Bellevue, Bellevue Way and Northeast Eighth Street, Bellevue; free (bellevuedowntown.com).
Auburn Art Walk
Sept. 9 Local art, wine tasting and live music, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Sept. 9, downtown Auburn; free, $15 for wine tasting (auburnartwalk.com).
San Genarro Festival
Sept. 9-11 Italian street fair with authentic Italian food and entertainment, 6-10 p.m. Sept. 9, 10 a.m.-10 p.m. Sept. 10, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sept. 11, 1225 S. Angelo St., Seattle (206-409-3815 or sangennarofestivalseattle.org).
Mukilteo Lighthouse Festival
Sept. 9-11 5/10K run, art, music, food, beer garden, Mukilteo Lighthouse Park, 609 Front St., Mukilteo; Children’s Parade and Grand Parade, 10:30 a.m. Sept. 10, Harbour Point Boulevard N., Mukilteo (425-353-5516 or mukilteolighthousefestival.com).
Puget Sound Bird Fest
Sept. 9-11 Speakers, guided walks, land and water-based field trips, exhibits and educational activities for children and adults. Hours vary, Frances Anderson Center, 700 Main St., Edmonds (425-771-0227 or pugetsoundbirdfest.org).
Sept. 10-11 Entertainment, food, car show, Lake Boren Park, Southeast 84th Avenue and Coal Creek Parkway Southeast, Newcastle (425-649-4444 or ci.newcastle.wa.us).
Seattle Summer Parkways
Sept. 11 Explore Lake Union neighborhoods via several-mile long routes, South Lake Union, Seattle (206-651-4184 or seattle.gov).
Live Aloha Hawaiian Cultural Festival
Sept. 11 Performances, visual arts and hands-on activities, 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Seattle Center, Seattle (206-784-7200 or seattlelivealohafestival.com).
Most Read Life Stories
- A famous Korean fried chicken chain hits Seattle -- with long lines. Can't wait? Here are 43 other new openings to check out VIEW
- Zinc solved a stinky feet problem
- Going to a Mariners game at T-Mobile Park this season? Enjoy gourmet burgers by chefs from Canlis and other big names
- Weekend getaways: Bainbridge Island makes a ferry good escape plan for families VIEW
- Upscale Dining Deals: Dinner for 2 and a bottle of wine for $45 at the Four Seasons