Beaches and pools around the Puget Sound area.
Lifeguards on duty at the following locations. Free swimming lessons available weekdays, check at each location; all beaches open noon-7 p.m. weekdays, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. weekends, weather permitting, except as noted below:
Lifeguards on duty May 28-Aug. 28, with weekday hours limited to 2-7 p.m. May 28-June 24:
• East Green Lake, 7201 E. Green Lake Drive N.;
• Madrona, 853 Lake Washington Blvd.;
Summer Guide 2016
- 5 extra-fun food field trips
- 5 favorite open-air bars
- 5 top spots for boating
- 5 hot concerts around Seattle
- 5 great picnic spots around Seattle
- Find summer-fresh food at farmers markets around Seattle and beyond
- Get out in the sun and swim
- Your weekend-by-weekend guide to summer fun
Lifeguards June 25-Aug. 28:
• Magnuson Park, 7400 Sand Point Way N.E.;
• Pritchard Island Beach, 8400 55th Ave. S.
Lifeguards June 25-Sept. 5:
• West Green Lake, 7312 W. Green Lake Drive;
• Madison, 1900 43rd Ave. E.;
• Matthews, 9300 51st Ave. N.E.;
• Mount Baker, 2301 Lake Washington Blvd. S.;
Most Read Life Stories
- Here’s what we really know about omega-3s and brain health
- 25 new restaurant and bar openings around the greater Seattle area
- 4 tales of joyous post-vaccine reunions from around the Seattle area
- Rant & Rave: Red sky at night, sailor’s delight. Black eye from a hurled rock, sailors fight
- Grown sons ignore Mother’s Day and mom’s birthday
• Seward, 5902 Lake Washington Blvd. S.;
More information: 206-684-4075 or seattle.gov/parks/beaches.asp
Lifeguards June 22-Sept. 5, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily, at Luther Burbank Park, 2040 84th Ave. S.E.
The following beaches will be unguarded:
• Calkins Landing, 6000 S.E. 28th St.;
• Clarke Beach, 7700 E. Mercer Way;
• Groveland Beach, 8000 S.E. 58th St.
More information: 206-275-7609 or mercergov.org
Lifeguards June 18-July 4 (closed after July 4 due to construction):
• Meydenbauer Beach Park, noon-7 p.m., 419 98th Ave. N.E.
Lifeguards June 18-Sept. 5:
• Enatai Beach Park, noon-7 p.m., 3519 S.E. 108th Ave. S.E.;
• Newcastle Beach Park, noon-7 p.m., 4400 Lake Washington Blvd. N.E.
Lifeguards June 25-Aug. 21:
• Chesterfield Beach Park, 2-5 p.m., weather permitting, 2501 1000th Ave. N.E.;
• Chism Beach Park, noon-7 p.m., 1175 96th Ave. N.E.
Lifeguards June 25-Sept. 5:
• Clyde Beach Park, noon-7 p.m., 2-92 Ave. N.E.
More information: 425-452-4444 or cityofbellevue.org.
Lifeguards July 1-Sept. 5, weather permitting, at:
• Juanita Beach, lifeguards on duty noon-6 p.m.; 9703 N.E. Juanita Drive;
• Houghton Beach Park, with swimming raft, picnic tables; lifeguards on duty noon-6 p.m.; 5811 Lake Washington Blvd. N.E.;
• Waverly Beach Park, with fishing dock, picnic areas; lifeguards on duty noon-6 p.m., open year-round, dawn to 10 p.m.; 633 Waverly Park Way.
For more information: 425-587-3300 or ci.kirkland.wa.us.
Lifeguards June 15-Sept. 5, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. daily on Idylwood Beach, with play structure, concessions stand, picnic shelter and adult lap swim area, 3650 W. Lake Sammamish Parkway N.E. (425-556-2300 or redmond.gov).
Lifeguards June 18-Sept. 5 at:
• Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park, with 1.5-mile paved walking path along the shoreline, noon-8 p.m. daily, 1201 Lake Washington Blvd. N.;
• Kennydale Beach Park, noon-8 p.m. daily, 3501 Lake Washington Blvd. N.
For more information: 425-430-6700 or rentonwa.gov.
Martha Lake Community Park, swim area with beach, dock, life vests available, no lifeguards, daylight hours daily, 16300 E. Shore Drive (425-388-3411 or snohomishcountywa.gov.
• Mounger Pool, Seattle. Swimming lessons, water exercises, public swims and special events, 50-foot corkscrew slide and little pool with warm, shallow water. Hours vary, call for information, 2535 32nd Ave. W. (206-684-5708 or seattle.gov/parks/pools.asp).
• Colman Pool, Seattle. 50-meter, heated, saltwater pool with giant tube slide, on the waterfront at Lincoln Park, daily, call for hours, Lincoln Park, 8603 Fauntleroy Way S.W., $2.50-$4.75 (206-684-7494 or seattle.gov/parks/pools.asp).
• Henry Moses Aquatic Center, Renton. Two pools, 9,000-square-foot leisure pool with wave machine, water play structure, water slides, 3,300-square-foot six-lane lap pool, cafe; open June 18-Sept. 5; Cedar River Park, 1719 Maple Valley Highway, Renton; $4-$14, season passes available (425-430-6780 or rentonwa.gov ).
• Peter Kirk Pool, Kirkland. Public swims and swimming lessons, daily, call for hours, 340 Kirkland Ave., Kirkland; $4 (425-587-3335 or ci.kirkland.wa.us).
• Cottage Lake Pool, Woodinville. Open swims, lap swims, lessons and water-exercise classes, registration for swimming lessons available, call for hours, 18831 N.E. Woodinville-Duvall Road, Woodinville (425-485-9797 or seattleymca.org).
• McCollum Park Pool, Everett. Public swims and swimming lessons, daily, call for hours, 600 128th St. S.E., Everett (425-357-6036 or snohomishcountywa.gov).
• Vashon Pool, Vashon. Swimming lessons, open swims and classes, May 23-Sept. 7, call for hours, 9625 S.W. 204th St., Vashon (206-463-3787 or vashonparkdistrict.org).