NEW YORK (AP) — Disney has announced that Denver will be the place where it tests its upcoming “Frozen” musical.
Disney Theatrical Productions said it will mount the show at the Buell Theatre in the Denver Center for the Performing Arts in August 2017. It is expected to land on Broadway in 2018 alongside its hits “Aladdin” and “The Lion King.”
The show will be directed by Alex Timbers, a two-time Tony Award nominee who directed “Peter and the Starcatcher,” ”Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson,” ”The Pee-Wee Herman Show” and “Rocky” on Broadway.
It had been previously revealed that the husband-and-wife songwriting team of Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez are returning to work on the show and Jennifer Lee, co-director and screenwriter of the film, is writing the story.
Most Read Life Stories
- We tested 12 varieties of Cup Noodles so you don't have to. Here are the best ones
- 11 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Here’s how many pistachios you need to eat to lower triglycerides
- Another big-name brewery lands in Ballard, and 4 other new bar openings in Seattle
- UPDATING: A list of Seattle-area restaurants, bars and venues requiring proof of COVID vaccination