Urban sophisticates and nature lovers can be equally content in Singapore, with its upscale shops, eclectic cultural life and leafy retreats. Some iconic scenes from the island...
Urban sophisticates and nature lovers can be equally content in Singapore, with its upscale shops, eclectic cultural life and leafy retreats. Some iconic scenes from the island:
Singapore Botanic Gardens: “All the Englishmen in the island congregated there,” Rudyard Kipling wrote of this oasis more than a century ago. And they still do, along with many others. Don’t miss the National Orchid Garden, one of Asia’s largest.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- 'I just can’t take these night games': Husky football fans tired of late games, with little notice
- 2 shot at Capitol Hill nightclub in Seattle
- Before losing cancer battle, Ben Cushing inspired Cougars, Huskies to band together VIEW
Asian Civilisations Museum: This striking new facility reflects Singapore’s status as one of Asia’s great ethnic melting pots. Listen to gamelan music from Indonesia or admire a batik from Syria. Then stroll out back for a river view and a meal or snack at the cafe.
Singapore Zoological Gardens: One of the world’s great zoos is in two parts. One is a jungly park that puts few barriers between humans and other species. You can even have breakfast and tea with the wildlife. The other is the Night Safari, where visitors spy on beasts’ nocturnal doings.