Use apps to find last-minute hotels, free Wi-Fi hot spots, good happy hours and more.
Getting ready for a trip? These free travel apps (available for iOS and Android) can help you on your way.
Tripit: Having trouble keeping track of your trip details? Just forward all those confirmation emails for your flights, hotels, car rentals and cruises to email@example.com and Tripit will organize it all into an easy-to-use itinerary for you. The app syncs your travel plans with your online or mobile calendar and will forward details to others.
Hotel Tonight: Missed a connection or stuck somewhere unexpectedly overnight? Hotel Tonight lists same-day deals for hotel rooms in hundreds of cities and lets you book from your phone.
Wi-Fi Finder: Stay in touch, but don’t get stuck with huge data bills. Wi-Fi Finder provides a listing of hotels, restaurants, airlines, stores and other locations across the country, throughout Europe and around the world that offer free Wi-Fi hot spots.
Most Read Life Stories
- UW paleontologists dug up 4 dinosaurs in Montana this summer, including a possible 'Chicken from Hell'
- Sunday Best: Timothée Chalamet and Zendaya dress to the nines in London 'Dune' promo
- Warm up during these cold fall days with a hearty mushroom soup that will win over even the mushroom haters
- Rant & Rave: Halloween is next week. Seattleites are already setting up Christmas decorations
- Young Asian Americans in Seattle combat hate, reclaim cultural pride with traditional fashion
Happy Hours — Why pay full price for a drink? With Happy Hours, you can find the best food and drink deals wherever you are in the U.S. Search by day, time, location and other features, such as free Wi-Fi or type of cuisine.
Waze: This traffic and navigation app posts real-time traffic info from drivers in your area. The Waze app alerts you to any accidents, road hazards, road or bridge closures or traffic jams ahead, posts area gas prices so you can find the cheapest fuel, and lets you coordinate arrival and departures times when you’re traveling with friends.