ExpressJet Airlines will enter the Spokane market this year with nonstop flights to the Los Angeles area, San Diego and Sacramento.
SPOKANE, Wash. — ExpressJet Airlines will enter the Spokane market this year with nonstop flights to the Los Angeles area, San Diego and Sacramento. The Houston-based carrier is launching flights to 24 cities this spring, spokeswoman Kristy Nicholas said.
“Spokane is a growing economy,” Nicholas said. “We think it’s an opportunity to provide convenient air travel for those cities.”
ExpressJet will start two daily round trips from Spokane to the Ontario, Calif. airport (near L.A.) on April 2, three daily roundtrips to Sacramento will start on April 9, and two daily roundtrips to San Diego on June 4.
All ExpressJet flights will be on 50-seat Embraer ERJ-14XR regional jets.
Most Read Life Stories
- How to get yourself and your car to the San Juan Islands: 5 tips for scoring ferry reservations (and what to do if you don’t get one)
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone's Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- A star bartender opens a French-inspired lounge and an acclaimed brewery expands to Woodinville
- You don't always need a whole weekend: Making the most of a one-day trip to the San Juan Islands | Seattle Sketcher
- A travel trailer of one’s own: The historic Sou’wester Lodge on the Washington coast makes a perfect creative retreat VIEW
The only airline now flying nonstop from Spokane to the Los Angeles area is Alaska Airlines. In the summer, Horizon will add nonstops from Spokane to Los Angeles International Airport and to Sacramento.
ExpressJet is also adding flights from Boise, Idaho, to Ontario on April 12 and to San Diego on May 14.
The arrival of ExpressJet will add 18 jobs at the Spokane airport. The company will spend more than $400,000 on upgrades and equipment at the airport.