Maybe not the happiest place on earth? Snake drops from tree at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
ORLANDO, Fla. — An Alabama family says an escaped snake at Disney’s Animal Kingdom dropped from a tree and bit a boy, which led to the death of the boy’s grandmother.
The family’s attorney, Matt Morgan, said Thursday that the family plans to sue Disney World.
He says the grandmother saw the snake bite the boy, went into cardiac arrest and died a short time later.
Disney spokeswoman Jacquee Wahler says the allegations mischaracterize what happened.
Most Read Life Stories
- Another big-name brewery lands in Ballard, and 4 other new bar openings in Seattle
- This delectable corn and blistered-tomato pasta offers creamy richness with no actual cream added
- The North Cascades take center stage in new ski film ‘Stoke the Fire,’ debuting in Seattle this week
- Sunday Best: Emily Blunt, Iman are among the fashion winners from 2021 Met Gala
- Here’s how many pistachios you need to eat to lower triglycerides
Disney contends the snake was wild, not part of an Animal Kingdom exhibit, and that there was no call for an ambulance for the grandmother after the incident.
Disney also says after the boy was treated with a Band-Aid, the family returned to the park.