A one-hour drive from Bainbridge Island across Hood Canal and through picturesque Beaver Valley, Port Townsend is an irresistible getaway for a day or two or more.
What’s so great about Port Townsend? What isn’t? It’s got beaches (and beaches!), sprawling parks, funky shops, excellent art and music, every kind of cuisine, an old-style movie theater, history, beautiful old brick buildings, a nationally respected Arts Center, pretty Victorian homes in all shades of the rainbow, and every kind of place to stay, from converted bordello to snappy beach-front cottages to upscale B&Bs to dog-friendly motels on the water.
A one-hour drive from Bainbridge Island across Hood Canal and through picturesque Beaver Valley, Port Townsend is an irresistible getaway for a day or two or more. Whether you want historic small town charm, beachy quiet, an artist’s oasis on the Olympic Peninsula, or all of the above, PT is it and then some.
16 Ways to Have Fun in PT
1. Shop Downtown. There’s just about everything in the blocks that ramble along downtown’s Water Street and meander in…
Most Read Life Stories
- A Bainbridge Island whiskey takes top honors at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
- Health inspectors shut down Flowers bar/restaurant in Seattle's U District for repeated COVID operations violations
- West Seattle offers up a great vegan place, Detroit-style pizza and the best chicken rice you'll find in the Seattle area
- Reader reports buzzing in ears after receiving vaccine. Ring a bell?
- For Mother’s Day, a delicious springtime frittata and — finally, hopefully — a hug
Continue reading this story on our partner site here.