MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — The operators of Graceland say the Memphis tourist attraction centered on the life and music of Elvis Presley has received its 20 millionth paid visitor.
Elvis Presley Enterprises says CEO Jack Soden greeted the 20 millionth visitor, 31-year-old Tiffany Greenoak, at Graceland on Monday morning. Greenoak, who’s originally from Montreal, Canada, and now lives in London, was on her honeymoon with her husband, 40-year-old Robert Greenoak.
The couple received a private tour of Presley’s former home, which is now a museum. They also spoke by phone with Priscilla Presley, the late singer’s former wife.
Elvis Presley lived at Graceland for 20 years before he died on Aug. 16, 1977. Tours of Graceland began on June 7, 1982.
Most Read Life Stories
- Head to Edmonds for the classic dim sum cart experience and some tasty BBQ
- Restaurant review: Seabird was named a top national spot for 2022 — but here's what our critic thinks
- Rant & Rave: Public transit makes Thanksgiving trip a breeze
- These 5 Seattle cycling routes feature holiday lights. Try them this winter
- Rant and Rave: Reader thanks lifesaving health care workers