OK, you have to get there pretty early, and you have to be in full regalia of Santa or Mrs. Claus.
But early-bird St. Nicks (and the Mrs.) get free lift tickets Saturday, Dec. 19, during the annual Dress Like Santa Day at Whistler Blackcomb Resort in Whistler, B.C.
Free one-day tickets will go to the first 100 skiers or snowboarders “in full Santa or Mrs. Claus attire” to arrive at the Garibaldi Lift Company, at the base of Whistler Mountain. Participants will then board the Whistler Village Gondola at 8 a.m. before descending to the bottom of Emerald Express for a group photo and giveaways.
About 6 inches of new snow is forecast for the resort tonight and into Friday, followed by some sunny periods on Saturday. Whistler has had more than 12 feet of snowfall so far this season, with a current base of 63 inches.
Most Read Life Stories
- Exercise vs. drugs: Which does better against high blood pressure? Against fat?
- Get ready, Kirkland: Shake Shack is officially coming to the Eastside
- Sidle up, Seattle! 3 new high-end restaurants offer delicious, cheap burgers at their bars
- Cool off with some traditional Taiwanese desserts at Meet Fresh in Bellevue
- Taste Seattle star chef Edouardo Jordan's work — while spending less — at new Lucinda Grain Bar