OK, you have to get there pretty early, and you have to be in full regalia of Santa or Mrs. Claus.
But early-bird St. Nicks (and the Mrs.) get free lift tickets Saturday, Dec. 19, during the annual Dress Like Santa Day at Whistler Blackcomb Resort in Whistler, B.C.
Free one-day tickets will go to the first 100 skiers or snowboarders “in full Santa or Mrs. Claus attire” to arrive at the Garibaldi Lift Company, at the base of Whistler Mountain. Participants will then board the Whistler Village Gondola at 8 a.m. before descending to the bottom of Emerald Express for a group photo and giveaways.
About 6 inches of new snow is forecast for the resort tonight and into Friday, followed by some sunny periods on Saturday. Whistler has had more than 12 feet of snowfall so far this season, with a current base of 63 inches.
Most Read Life Stories
- After 42 years of supplying Seattle home chefs, Mrs. Cook's is closing
- When do Northwest ski slopes open? 2018 forecast
- Fueled by a chef's second act, Good Day Donuts hits a sweet spot in White Center
- Michelle Obama's mother, Marian Robinson, gave Obama girls 'laundry lessons' in White House
- Travel Wise | A travel expert's go-to advice: Pack the right socks