Hoping to unwind a bit over the next few days? From book recommendations to local events, here are some things you can do this weekend.
Eats and drinks
- Do you miss warm, salty, buttery movie theater popcorn? Food critic Bethany Jean Clement has reverse-engineered an easy way to make it at home.
- Try these family meal deals in the Seattle area, from a cheap pho kit to a taco dinner with 2 pounds of Wagyu beef.
- Check out this updating list of where you can get takeout or delivery in the Seattle area.
Movies and TV
- Watch something on Seattle-based IndieFlix, which offers independent films streaming on demand, films for education and more.
- Fall in love again with “Strictly Ballroom,” this week’s pick from our critic’s series “Movies with Moira.”
- Try this perfect movie/food pairing that involves popcorn, sparkling wine, pizza and a dash of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, courtesy of our food and movie critics.
- If you like professional football, you will love this weekend. Here’s a full TV schedule of all six NFL playoff games.
- Catch Seattle restauranteur and actor Yuji Okumoto in Season 3 of Netflix’s “Cobra Kai.”
- Make this recipe for simple, crispy biscotti for whenever you need a treat.
- Find something to watch from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Start your listening regimen right in the new year with these nine free-to-access audiobooks.
- Freshen up your reading list with these six new paperbacks.
- Learn something new with these five self-help books.