Welcome to the weekend! Here are some things you can do around the Seattle area.
Eats and drinks
- Cook delicious Braised Pork Shoulder with Rainier and Charred Limes, with this recipe courtesy of Seattle cook Sarah Monson.
- Head to Renton for delectable barbecue, Aussie-style chicken schnitzel and more great neighborhood eats.
- Welcome spring with this quick and crispy recipe for Snap Peas with Mint and Feta.
- Try these fresh vegan spring rolls with peanut sauce that are easy to make at home.
- Check out these 25 new restaurant and bar openings around the Greater Seattle area.
- Looking for good noir novels set in the Pacific Northwest? Here are some reader recommendations.
- See what Moira’s Book Club is reading next and how you can join in on the conversation.
Movies and TV
- Itching to see a movie in theaters? Our critic went for the first time in over a year — here’s how it went. And if you’re ready, you can catch one of Damien Jurado’s comeback concerts at the Ballard Homestead.
- Find something to stream from this list of what’s new on Video on Demand, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and other services.
- Get a history refresher on this walking tour of Seattle’s Japanese American Remembrance Trail.
- Spruce up your garden with these nine best quick-ripening tomatoes.
Arts and community
- Watch a livestreamed organ concert or check out these other virtual and distanced in-person events happening in the Seattle area.
- Looking to party with others post-vaccine? Here are some do’s and don’ts of vaccinated get-togethers.
- If you’re itching to watch in-person music performances, here’s what to expect from live events returning to Seattle.