Ready in a jiffy, with a surprise in the middle.
Hey, remember pudding pops? This homemade version has a totally tubular surprise in the middle: a cannabutter core!
This recipe starts out with instant pudding, which is combined with whipped cream for a perfectly creamy texture and flavor. Then, while filling the popsicle molds, you sneak in a spoonful of cannabutter in the center of each pop. When they’re frozen and it’s time to enjoy, it’s like each portion has a psychedelic buried treasure hidden inside!
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant pudding (I used pistachio, because it’s clearly the best flavor, but you can use whatever flavor you prefer)
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 6 teaspoons cannabutter* (regular cannabutter or vegan cannabutter is fine, too)
- 6 small paper or plastic cups (6 to 8 ounces, and not too wide, works best)
- 6 popsicle sticks or wooden coffee stirrers
Most Read Life Stories
- Weekend getaways: Bainbridge Island makes a ferry good escape plan for families VIEW
- A famous Korean fried chicken chain hits Seattle -- with long lines. Can't wait? Here are 43 other new openings to check out VIEW
- Psst! Hoy, Seattle! Archipelago masterfully combines Filipino food with Pacific Northwest flair
- Shake Shack will open a second location in Seattle next year
- Hill's expands large recall of canned dog food sold in vet clinics, pet stores nationwide
- In a large bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk together until it begins to thicken.
- Add the whipped cream, and whisk (or stir) until incorporated and smooth in color.
- Spoon a small amount of the pudding into each cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon of cannabutter on top of the pudding.
- Divide the remainder of the pudding evenly among the cups (they won’t be all the way full). Press a popsicle stick or wooden coffee stirrer into the center of each one.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours (overnight is even better, texture-wise). To remove from the cups, I like to run a sharp knife around the perimeter of each cup; sometimes they’ll come right out, other times you might need to use kitchen shears to cut the cups away. Store leftovers in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Decarboxylate 3.5 grams of finely ground cannabis at 225 degrees for 20 minutes in a tightly sealed, oven-safe container. Put cannabis in lidded mason jar or vacuum sealed bag with cannabis and one stick of butter. Heat in water bath just under boiling for at least 1 hour. Strain and chill to use in recipes.
A note on dosage
I “dosed” this recipe with 1 teaspoon of cannabutter per serving. The strength of your finished product will depend on many factors, including the type of marijuana you used and how you made your cannabutter.