Enter your cutest, goofiest, most awkward selfie with your pet for a chance to win a gift card to Sierra Fish and Pets.
UPDATE, 5 p.m. Monday: Thank you all for your entries. The contest is now closed. Look for the announcement of winners before July 19.
ORIGINAL: Next time you cuddle with your furry best friend, thinking, “Wow, this must look really cute,” grab your smartphone or camera and take a “pelfie” — a selfie of you and your pet. Then enter the image in The Seattle Times Pet Selfie Contest, for the chance to win a gift card from Sierra Fish and Pets.
Last year, hundreds of pet owners sent in adorable photos they took of themselves with their dogs, cats, chickens, rabbits, lizards, llamas and a horse. We loved looking at them, and readers did too. So we’re doing it again.
Here’s how to enter:
- Take a photo of you with your pet. Remember, this is a “selfie” contest — YOU have to take the photo of you and your pet. Trust us, it’s cuter that way.
- Upload the image following the instructions below, by Monday, June 29 at 4 p.m.
- Be sure to include your name, age, phone number and hometown with your entry — we’ll keep all of that private, but we need a way to reach you in case you win!
Winners will be announced by July 19. We’re offering gift cards in the amount of $100 and two of $50 from Sierra Fish and Pets for our winners. Think of all the fun stuff you can buy for Mittens, Fido or Old One Eye Whiskey (yes, that was the name of one of our favorite entrants last year).
Get inspired by the 2014 Pet Selfie Contest entries.
Read more about last year’s winners.
Contest Rules: Read before entering
1. These rules apply to all contests conducted by The Seattle Times Company unless otherwise specified in the specific contest rules for particular contests governed by their own separate contest rules.
Who Can Enter
2. To enter, contestants must be legal residents of Washington State, who are 18 years of age or older. Youths 18 and under may enter with parent’s permission.
Most Read Stories
- Everett’s bikini baristas head to federal court to argue for freedom of exposure
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
- Anthony Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown' came to Seattle: What did you think of the episode?
- Parents, adult son believed dead in Sammamish murder-suicide
- Look at some of the weird places people put shared bikes in Seattle
3. Employees (including, without limitation, part-time or temporary employees) of The Seattle Times Company and contest sponsors, and their respective parent entities, subsidiaries, affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies at any time during the applicable contesting period and the immediate family and other household members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, roommates, housemates, significant others, partners, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win the Contest.
4. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Contestants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise.
5. The Seattle Times Company is not responsible for any entries, Internet connections and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, stolen, disconnected, not received, or are illegible. All entries become the property of The Seattle Times Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
6. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest.
7. Entries that are determined by The Seattle Times Company to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified at The Seattle Times Company’s sole discretion.
8. One or more contests may be announced from time to time. The Seattle Times Company may run more than one contest simultaneously.
9. For mail-in contests, entries must be received at the announced address by the announced deadline. Mail-in entries must be legible and contain all information required.
10. Where entry boxes are utilized as the entry method, all entries which are mutilated, tampered with, illegible or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries which are not deposited in the official entry box will be void. Unless otherwise specified, only official entry blanks are eligible (no mechanical reproductions will be accepted).
11. For internet based entries, use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry modes is prohibited and will be void. In case of an identity dispute, the registered user of the email account on the date of entry will be the recognized user.
12. For all contests, entrants may also enter by mailing a 3”x5” card complete with name, address, phone number and specified contest to: Seattle Times Contests PO Box 70, Seattle, WA 98109.
13. The Seattle Times Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and in the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contests constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by The Seattle Times.
14. Prizes awarded of significant value (in The Seattle Times’ determination) must be picked up at the newspaper’s business offices at 1000 Denny Way, Seattle, Wa. 98109 during normal business hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. All other prizes will be mailed to winner’s address. The Seattle Times will not be responsible for lost, stolen or misdirected prizes once mailed.
15. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid state photo ID and social security number in order to pick up any prize. All winners are required to sign a Release relieving The Seattle Times, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, members, managers, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release and/or provide a social security number will forfeit the contest prize.
16. The Seattle Times reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
17. Prizes not claimed within 30 days of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of The Seattle Times. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of The Seattle Times Management.
18. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prize, as set forth in the contest rules, and will be issued an IRS 1099 form for all prizes won from The Seattle Times where the aggregate value of all prizes is $600 or more.
19. By participating in a Seattle Times contest, each contestant hereby consents to The Seattle Times Company and contest sponsors’ usage of the following for advertising and promotional purposes without payment of additional consideration: contestant’s name; voice; likeness; biographical information; and his/her participation in the contest.
20. Odds of winning depend on the how the contest is conducted. For random drawing, the odds of winning depend upon number of eligible entries received. All tie breaking procedures will be communicated in writing to tied contest participants.
21. By participating in a Seattle Times contest, entrants hereby agree that The Seattle Times Company has no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession and/or use of a prize or an entrant’s participation in any such contest.
22. Seattle Times contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void where prohibited.
23. The Seattle Times is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of service, electronic problems or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing a contest entry form or for any technical malfunction related to any electronic connection, servers, routers, or any other technical problem that may impact entry or prize claim including, without limitation, any internet connections.
24. The Seattle Times Company reserves the right to: (i) terminate or declare any Contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the Contest have been violated or compromised in any way, intentionally or unintentionally by any person whether or not a participant in the Contest; (ii) alter or amend these Contest rules at any time; and (iii) stop or conclude the Contest at any time without prior notice.
25. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules, the individual contest rules will govern and control.