Pets

Read news and information about pets and the people who love them.

Blue-green algae in lakes and ponds can poison your dog

An undated photo provided by Melissa Martin shows Harpo, Abby and Izzy, who became fatally ill after frolicking at a pond in Wilmington, N.C., their owner said. Dog owners have reported this summer that their pets became fatally ill after swimming in freshwater lakes and ponds, apparently after ingesting water laden with toxic blue-green algae. (Melissa Martin via The New York Times) — NO SALES; FOR EDITORIAL USE ONLY WITH NYT STORY DOGS ALGAE BY CHRISTINE HAUSER FOR AUG. 12, 2019. ALL OTHER USE PROHIBITED. —
 XNYT124 XNYT124

Dogs have become fatally ill after frolicking in water infused with the toxic algae, owners said.

More Headlines