Wondering when your favorite ski areas will open for the season? It all depends on the snowpack. Here are tentative opening dates for some of the Seattle area's most popular ski spots.
Autumn is always a season of anticipation for skiers in the Northwest. While it’s impossible to say at this time when nearby slopes will open, here are some early guesstimates.
Alpental, Summit West, Summit Central, Summit East, Tubing Park, Nordic Center
Average opening day is Dec. 4, holiday break Dec. 22-Jan. 1, core season January through mid-March, summitsatsnoqualmie.com.
Tentative opening day is Nov. 21, closing day April 14; Quicksilver, Discovery and Gold Hills lifts are open later on peak weekends and holidays; night-skiing tickets available at 2 p.m., crystalmountainresort.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- Eating too much sugary or salty food? Here are 4 tips to simplify your diet.
- Accepting a rental car with with preexisting damage gets renter charged $503 | Travel Troubleshooter
- Take in the full hygge experience at South Lake Union's Copenhagen-inspired Cafe Hagen VIEW
- Gloom got you down? Try these 8 family-friendly tropical escapes in the Seattle area.
- Rant and Rave: Follow gas station etiquette, please
Ski lifts, Nordic Center
Tentative opening day (alpine) is Nov. 21, closed April 15-18, closing day April 21, stevenspass.com.
Tentative opening day Nov. 22, tentative closing day May 27, whistlerblackcomb.com.