Wondering when your favorite ski areas will open for the season? It all depends on the snowpack. Here are tentative opening dates for some of the Seattle area's most popular ski spots.
Autumn is always a season of anticipation for skiers in the Northwest. While it’s impossible to say at this time when nearby slopes will open, here are some early guesstimates.
Alpental, Summit West, Summit Central, Summit East, Tubing Park, Nordic Center
Average opening day is Dec. 4, holiday break Dec. 22-Jan. 1, core season January through mid-March, summitsatsnoqualmie.com.
Tentative opening day is Nov. 21, closing day April 14; Quicksilver, Discovery and Gold Hills lifts are open later on peak weekends and holidays; night-skiing tickets available at 2 p.m., crystalmountainresort.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- It's easy to figure out what to order at Cemitas Tepeaca 2 in Des Moines: the majestic namesake sandwiches
- It's easy to be duped by celebrities peddling false health claims. Here's how to get the facts.
- Dr. James Joki grew up in Ballard. Then he helped make Neil Armstrong’s first steps on the moon possible. VIEW
- How spacesuits have changed since 1969
- Prepare a Plan B to dodge relative who won’t let go of past infidelity
Ski lifts, Nordic Center
Tentative opening day (alpine) is Nov. 21, closed April 15-18, closing day April 21, stevenspass.com.
Tentative opening day Nov. 22, tentative closing day May 27, whistlerblackcomb.com.