Wondering when your favorite ski areas will open for the season? It all depends on the snowpack. Here are tentative opening dates for some of the Seattle area's most popular ski spots.
Autumn is always a season of anticipation for skiers in the Northwest. While it’s impossible to say at this time when nearby slopes will open, here are some early guesstimates.
Alpental, Summit West, Summit Central, Summit East, Tubing Park, Nordic Center
Average opening day is Dec. 4, holiday break Dec. 22-Jan. 1, core season January through mid-March, summitsatsnoqualmie.com.
Tentative opening day is Nov. 21, closing day April 14; Quicksilver, Discovery and Gold Hills lifts are open later on peak weekends and holidays; night-skiing tickets available at 2 p.m., crystalmountainresort.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- Hot pot is hot in Bellevue right now, but good luck trying to get a table at Liuyishou and The Dolar Shop
- How to calculate baking time when you change pan sizes
- Veterinary Q&A: HGE in dogs Part 2
- Sunday hats: special beyond Easter WATCH
- Stacey Abrams on her new book, new fame and rumors about a presidential ticket | Nicole Brodeur
Ski lifts, Nordic Center
Tentative opening day (alpine) is Nov. 21, closed April 15-18, closing day April 21, stevenspass.com.
Tentative opening day Nov. 22, tentative closing day May 27, whistlerblackcomb.com.