A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Vijay Anand Venugopalan, Bellevue.
Photo taken: May 19, Snoqualmie Falls.
Photographer’s description: “It was rainy when we reached the falls. We were hoping that if the sun came out, there’d be a rainbow … Bingo, there it was, when we were back from a trail walk; this is shot from the observation point using a Canon Rebel XT, 18-55 mm lens. The glow of sunshine and the lodge in the background make this shot my favorite.”
Expert says: “The rainbow is a nice element in this misty photo of Snoqualmie Falls. The composition of the image could have been improved by turning the camera for a vertical shot that would have included the base of the falls.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- What to make of Renee Erickson's new restaurant and bar in the Amazon Spheres? Here's the verdict from our taste test
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- Ever wander by these little cottages in the heart of Belltown? Stop in for an art class sometime soon | Seattle Sketcher
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).