A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Vijay Anand Venugopalan, Bellevue.
Photo taken: May 19, Snoqualmie Falls.
Photographer’s description: “It was rainy when we reached the falls. We were hoping that if the sun came out, there’d be a rainbow … Bingo, there it was, when we were back from a trail walk; this is shot from the observation point using a Canon Rebel XT, 18-55 mm lens. The glow of sunshine and the lodge in the background make this shot my favorite.”
Expert says: “The rainbow is a nice element in this misty photo of Snoqualmie Falls. The composition of the image could have been improved by turning the camera for a vertical shot that would have included the base of the falls.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- 4 Washington cities make nation's top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands
- Late bloomers: Adult ballet classes bring the joy of dance at any age VIEW
- The fourth-best burger in America — it’s in South Park?
- Seattle restaurant classics: Why you need to go to Voula's Offshore Cafe VIEW
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).