A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Vijay Anand Venugopalan, Bellevue.
Photo taken: May 19, Snoqualmie Falls.
Photographer’s description: “It was rainy when we reached the falls. We were hoping that if the sun came out, there’d be a rainbow … Bingo, there it was, when we were back from a trail walk; this is shot from the observation point using a Canon Rebel XT, 18-55 mm lens. The glow of sunshine and the lodge in the background make this shot my favorite.”
Expert says: “The rainbow is a nice element in this misty photo of Snoqualmie Falls. The composition of the image could have been improved by turning the camera for a vertical shot that would have included the base of the falls.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Pickpocketed in Paris: Travel guru Rick Steves learns a lesson | Rick Steves' Europe
- A travel trailer of one’s own: The historic Sou’wester Lodge on the Washington coast makes a perfect creative retreat VIEW
- How to get yourself and your car to the San Juan Islands: 5 tips for scoring ferry reservations (and what to do if you don’t get one)
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone's Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- You don't always need a whole weekend: Making the most of a one-day trip to the San Juan Islands | Seattle Sketcher
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).