A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Vijay Anand Venugopalan, Bellevue.
Photo taken: May 19, Snoqualmie Falls.
Photographer’s description: “It was rainy when we reached the falls. We were hoping that if the sun came out, there’d be a rainbow … Bingo, there it was, when we were back from a trail walk; this is shot from the observation point using a Canon Rebel XT, 18-55 mm lens. The glow of sunshine and the lodge in the background make this shot my favorite.”
Expert says: “The rainbow is a nice element in this misty photo of Snoqualmie Falls. The composition of the image could have been improved by turning the camera for a vertical shot that would have included the base of the falls.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Don’t say ‘Happy Yom Kippur!’ and 4 other tips for the Jewish holy day
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).