Ski magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America. Deer Valley won in the magazine's annual reader rankings...
SKI Magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America.
Deer Valley won in the magazine’s annual reader rankings ( it was No. 2 in last year’s reader survey).
This year, Vail, Colo., was No. 2; Whistler Blackcomb, in British Columbia, was third on the list; followed by Aspen and Snowmass, both in Colorado; Park City, Utah; Breckenridge, Beaver Creek and Steamboat, Colo., and in the No. 10 spot, Sun Valley Idaho.
Deer Valley also received top honors from SKI readers in the categories of service, grooming and dining. Other Utah resorts that were No. 1 in various categories included Snowbird, voted “Best Skier’s Mountain,” and Alta, voted top “Weekend Escape.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Seattle restaurant classics: Why you need to go to Ezell's Famous Chicken VIEW
- Struggling to make good nutrition choices? It's not about willpower
- JetSuiteX to offer flights from Seattle's Boeing Field to Oakland in July
- Mediterranean Oasis makes shawarma that's worth the drive (or bike ride) to Shoreline
- Exquisitely cooked meat dishes at Seattle's Samara come from a chef who's learned to lasso fire VIEW
The magazine offers a separate list for East Coast resorts. Tremblant, in Quebec, took the top spot there, followed by Smugglers Notch, Vt.; Whiteface, N.Y.; Stowe, Vt.; Holiday Valley, N.Y.; Sugarloaf, Maine; Sugarbush, Vt.; Killington, Vt.; Bretton Woods, N.H., and Okemo, Vt.
Smuggler’s Notch also was ranked the nation’s top resort in the “Family Ski Trip” category.
Nearly 7,000 SKI Magazine subscribers took part in the “Top 50 Resort Guide” survey. The complete list is in SKI’s October issue or at www.skinet.com.