Ski magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America. Deer Valley won in the magazine's annual reader rankings...
SKI Magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America.
Deer Valley won in the magazine’s annual reader rankings ( it was No. 2 in last year’s reader survey).
This year, Vail, Colo., was No. 2; Whistler Blackcomb, in British Columbia, was third on the list; followed by Aspen and Snowmass, both in Colorado; Park City, Utah; Breckenridge, Beaver Creek and Steamboat, Colo., and in the No. 10 spot, Sun Valley Idaho.
Deer Valley also received top honors from SKI readers in the categories of service, grooming and dining. Other Utah resorts that were No. 1 in various categories included Snowbird, voted “Best Skier’s Mountain,” and Alta, voted top “Weekend Escape.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Rant & Rave: Seattle dog owner watched someone trip over their dog into mud, did nothing
- When COVID canceled spring break, a hotel in Mexico refused to refund an all-inclusive stay | Travel Troubleshooter
- Adapt to the ingredients you have — here's a shrimp creole for our times
- When that ‘stomach bug’ won’t go away, it might be irritable bowel syndrome
- How to establish COVID boundaries while dating, getting over the Seattle Freeze and more
The magazine offers a separate list for East Coast resorts. Tremblant, in Quebec, took the top spot there, followed by Smugglers Notch, Vt.; Whiteface, N.Y.; Stowe, Vt.; Holiday Valley, N.Y.; Sugarloaf, Maine; Sugarbush, Vt.; Killington, Vt.; Bretton Woods, N.H., and Okemo, Vt.
Smuggler’s Notch also was ranked the nation’s top resort in the “Family Ski Trip” category.
Nearly 7,000 SKI Magazine subscribers took part in the “Top 50 Resort Guide” survey. The complete list is in SKI’s October issue or at www.skinet.com.