Ski magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America. Deer Valley won in the magazine's annual reader rankings...
SKI Magazine has named Deer Valley, Utah, as the No. 1 ski resort in North America.
Deer Valley won in the magazine’s annual reader rankings ( it was No. 2 in last year’s reader survey).
This year, Vail, Colo., was No. 2; Whistler Blackcomb, in British Columbia, was third on the list; followed by Aspen and Snowmass, both in Colorado; Park City, Utah; Breckenridge, Beaver Creek and Steamboat, Colo., and in the No. 10 spot, Sun Valley Idaho.
Deer Valley also received top honors from SKI readers in the categories of service, grooming and dining. Other Utah resorts that were No. 1 in various categories included Snowbird, voted “Best Skier’s Mountain,” and Alta, voted top “Weekend Escape.”
Most Read Life Stories
- 3 Alaska Lounges at Sea-Tac soon will no longer admit Priority Pass members
- After Wexley School for Girls closes its quirky doors, headmaster Cal McAllister restarts with startups
- I'm not alone; what readers have learned about their families through DNA tests
- Readers have spoken: This is Seattle's best burger spot
- Vancouver’s new seafood restaurants make the city even better VIEW
The magazine offers a separate list for East Coast resorts. Tremblant, in Quebec, took the top spot there, followed by Smugglers Notch, Vt.; Whiteface, N.Y.; Stowe, Vt.; Holiday Valley, N.Y.; Sugarloaf, Maine; Sugarbush, Vt.; Killington, Vt.; Bretton Woods, N.H., and Okemo, Vt.
Smuggler’s Notch also was ranked the nation’s top resort in the “Family Ski Trip” category.
Nearly 7,000 SKI Magazine subscribers took part in the “Top 50 Resort Guide” survey. The complete list is in SKI’s October issue or at www.skinet.com.