Spring is here! And while the weather hasn’t yet satiated our desire and need for Vitamin D, there are sure signs that spring is in bloom. To get us in the mood, all week we’ll be featuring a new sign of spring in this space.
The biggest sign of spring at WTA is our first Volunteer Vacation of the 2011. An intrepid (and eager) crew of 11 volunteers hiked into the Hoh Rainforest in Olympic National Park on Saturday. They’re working this week on a reroute of the trail about 4 miles in and tackling a couple of the big blowdowns a half-mile further up the trail.
It was raining at the trailhead on Saturday, of course. But most of these volunteers are…
Continue reading this story on our partner site here.
Most Read Life Stories
- Are bubbles safe? How to spot COVID-19 risks when dining outdoors this winter VIEW
- Baked, not fried: Here's a recipe for homemade apple cider doughnuts
- It's time to start preparing Fluffy and Fido for post-pandemic life
- A customer has a visa problem with American Airlines that costs thousands of dollars. Who should pay? | Travel Troubleshooter
- All that cooking has dulled your knives. Here's how to sharpen them at home.