If you want to climbMountSt.Helensthis year, get ready to apply for a permit on February 1st!
Permits for the 2012 climbing season, from April 1 to October 31, go on sale Monday, February 1 at 9:00 a.m. and are sold online on a first-come, first-served basis through theMountSt.HelensInstitute.
Permits will be sold only online. Weekends and holidays go the fastest, so check your calendars (and the Farmer’s Almanac for weather predictions). The costis $22 per permit and you are able to purchase up to twelve permits for each day.
Continue reading this story on our partner site here.
Most Read Life Stories
- 3 new Seattle places for comforting takeout that food critic Bethany Jean Clement loves
- How to start cross-country skiing — the ideal sport for social distancing
- Thanksgiving: What can and can’t be prepped ahead
- What to do with Thanksgiving leftovers? Try making easy mini turkey potpies | Cooking with Sadie
- Splitting the check can be awkward, and so is ghosting. Here’s how to navigate these dating faux pas