Hikers have long had a love/hate relationship with the Middle Fork – Snoqualmie Road (FR 56) outside of North Bend, in the Mt Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest (MBS). We endure the potholes, washouts, and mud in order to access to the beautiful Middle Fork and its wonderful destinations.
Could that slow, axle-grinding, tire-popping drive be just a memory not so long from now? It’s a real possibility.
Since 2004, the MBS, other agencies and the public have been discussing the possibility of paving the Middle Fork Road. Yes, paving…
Continue reading this story on our partner site here.
Most Read Life Stories
- 21 more Seattle-area restaurants and bars close permanently during COVID-19 fall surge
- 24 new pandemic-time restaurant openings around Seattle — many with outdoor dining
- 3 new Seattle places for comforting takeout that food critic Bethany Jean Clement loves
- With this trail honoring a S’Klallam leader, Port Townsend works toward decolonizing its history VIEW
- This Christmas will be different. With friluftsliv in mind, I'm finding ways to be OK with that