The QuikClot technology was developed by the U.S. military for battle wounds and is FDA approved.
Marketed as the “ultimate bandage for worst-case scenarios,” Tender Corp.’s QuikClot Home hemostatic bandage is a must-have for any outdoor adventure. Literally a life saver, it can stop venous and arterial bleeding in under five minutes, according to the manufacturer. It’s a good solution when you don’t have immediate access to medical help, such as during a backwoods trek or in a natural disaster.
The QuikClot technology is no gimmick. It was developed by the U.S. military for battle wounds and is FDA approved. It uses beads of the mineral zeolite to absorb water from the blood, which encourages blood clotting and reduces blood loss. Beads are contained in a bag of porous material, so you don’t have to worry about loose particles in windy conditions. Formula is low heat, safe and biologically inert and isn’t easily activated by rain or water.
The bandage measures 3.5 x 3.5 inches, making it easy to carry or stuff in a glove compartment, bag or other storage device. It’s for temporary external use only.
Price is $9.99 for one QuikClot Home bandage. Available exclusively through Walmart (in stores only). For other QuikClot styles and coupons, go to the product website at www.quikclot.com.
Most Read Life Stories
- Restaurant review: Seabird was named a top national spot for 2022 — but here's what our critic thinks
- Head to Edmonds for the classic dim sum cart experience and some tasty BBQ
- Embattled Willows Inn closes; building donated to Bellingham nonprofit
- A man fell from a cruise ship. And survived
- New cafe creates cultural, culinary hub for Native Seattleites