Seattle Times reader Stanton Prescott’s image of the Space Needle as seen from Kerry Park on a January dawn.
Photographer: Stanton Prescott, Seattle
Photo taken: Jan. 7, Kerry Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Sun breaking through the fog during sunrise. 1/4000 sec, f/4.5, ISO: 100.”
Expert says: “Moody is the first word that comes to mind after glimpsing this photo. That moodiness created by the sun trying to get through the fog is golden. I love how the dark parts on the top and bottom of the frame are even, and how they are connected with the Space Needle. The angles of the buildings add to this blockiness that accentuates the industrial feel of this image.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- Late bloomers: Adult ballet classes bring the joy of dance at any age VIEW
- 4 Washington cities make nation's top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands
- Rant & Rave: Leave the wolves alone
- Thanksgiving: What can and can’t be prepped ahead
Here’s a gallery of Reader’s Lens picks for the year so far:
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos We judge the best and award a prize every December.