Seattle Times reader Stanton Prescott’s image of the Space Needle as seen from Kerry Park on a January dawn.
Photographer: Stanton Prescott, Seattle
Photo taken: Jan. 7, Kerry Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Sun breaking through the fog during sunrise. 1/4000 sec, f/4.5, ISO: 100.”
Expert says: “Moody is the first word that comes to mind after glimpsing this photo. That moodiness created by the sun trying to get through the fog is golden. I love how the dark parts on the top and bottom of the frame are even, and how they are connected with the Space Needle. The angles of the buildings add to this blockiness that accentuates the industrial feel of this image.”
Most Read Life Stories
- Seattle’s last buffalo soldier, 98, doesn't want black regiments’ history to ‘fade out’ WATCH
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- Upscale dining deals: Dinner for two and bottle of wine for $30 at Seattle's revered Lark
- Does age really matter when he could be the one?
- Feeling a little chilly these days? This French bar/restaurant has the best hot cocktails in Seattle
Here’s a gallery of Reader’s Lens picks for the year so far:
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos We judge the best and award a prize every December.