Seattle Times reader Stanton Prescott’s image of the Space Needle as seen from Kerry Park on a January dawn.
Photographer: Stanton Prescott, Seattle
Photo taken: Jan. 7, Kerry Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Sun breaking through the fog during sunrise. 1/4000 sec, f/4.5, ISO: 100.”
Expert says: “Moody is the first word that comes to mind after glimpsing this photo. That moodiness created by the sun trying to get through the fog is golden. I love how the dark parts on the top and bottom of the frame are even, and how they are connected with the Space Needle. The angles of the buildings add to this blockiness that accentuates the industrial feel of this image.”
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Rant & Rave: Avoid game-day traffic with planning
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop
Here’s a gallery of Reader’s Lens picks for the year so far:
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos We judge the best and award a prize every December.