A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Russ Rockwood, Mukilteo
Photo taken: April 21, a few miles north of Lund, British Columbia
Photographer’s description: “[I call this] ‘Local Picking Up Lunch.’ Canon 5D, 28-200mm. Out on a friend’s boat enjoying the sights and wildlife.”
Expert says: “The photographer was using a long lens to capture this beautiful eagle fishing for dinner, and probably a fast shutter speed because there is no blur in the image — the eagle is absolutely tack sharp. An overcast day created the nice, even light in this photograph.” (See it in color, online at seattletimes.com/traveloutdoors) — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- 4 Washington cities make nation's top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands
- Late bloomers: Adult ballet classes bring the joy of dance at any age VIEW
- The fourth-best burger in America — it’s in South Park?
- Seattle restaurant classics: Why you need to go to Voula's Offshore Cafe VIEW
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize). See more photos at seattletimes.com/traveloutdoors.