Gear guides have their place if you’re a seasoned pro, but if you’re just starting a new outdoor activity, they can be forbidding and unhelpful. Enter Starter Kit, a new series that guides you through the essentials you’ll need to take on the Northwest's most popular sporty hobbies — no more, no less.
Have you always wanted to be a bike-commuter — but needed a little help when it comes to suiting up and facing Seattle traffic? Have you long dreamed of giving winter sports a try — but were intimidated by all the goggle-clad acolytes clogging the best runs?
Meet Starter Kit, a gear guide for the rest of us. Think of it as a kinder, gentler introduction to the bare essentials you’ll need to take on the Northwest’s most popular sporty hobbies, so you can spend less time agonizing over gear and more time outside. First up: Always wanted to ride your bike to work? It’s easier than you think. Here’s how to start.
Most Read Life Stories
- A 1,500-mile drive from Seattle to North Dakota amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- Need to get somewhere amid the COVID-19 pandemic but nervous to fly? Here are some alternate means of travel
- Level up your campfire cooking game with tips and recipes from 3 Seattle chefs
- And what do you do when the trip in question might be your last chance to say goodbye
- How to nab an impossibly popular bagel from Mt. Bagel — and two other intriguing Seattle pop-ups to try
Have an idea for something you’d like to see appear in a future Starter Kit? Let us know in the comments or send us an email at email@example.com.