It's part of the celebration of this year's centennial of the National Park Service.
With beautiful days and warm weather in the Northwest, maybe it’s time to play hooky and head for your favorite national park — especially because the entry fee is waived this week.
This is National Parks Week, with free admission through Sunday, April 24, to parks across the nation, including Mount Rainier and Olympic, which normally charge $20 per vehicle. It’s part of the celebration of this year’s centennial of the National Park Service.
Sunday, at Paradise in Mount Rainier National Park, the Mountain Meet-Up is a free day of events aimed at millennials. Join other 20- or 30-somethings for a day of snow and mountain fun, with snowshoe walks, mountain-skill demonstrations and more.
Most Read Life Stories
- The great Seattle hot dog taste test: Which wiener is the very best?
- As Deception Pass turns 100, WA’s favorite state park cultivates next generation of ‘dreams and memories’
- Why Amora mustard is the best mustard on the planet
- 2 new Black-owned breweries break barriers and bring craft beer to Seattle's Central District
- Deception Pass beyond the bridge: 7 things to do at WA’s most popular state park