Seattle Times reader Patrick Sloan’s multilayered photo of an angler at Burien’s Seahurst Park.
Photographer: Patrick Sloan, Renton
Photo taken: Jan. 14, Seahurst Park, Burien
Photographer’s description: “After work I decided to head to Seahurst Park and see if I could capture a nice sunset. Along the beach, I spotted this lone fisherman and thought what a great subject for a photo. I am an amateur photographer, have been taking photos for about two years. Using a Sony RX100M3 camera.”
Expert says: “This photo is about the layers and is just beautiful. I love the silhouette of the fisherman against the yellow, blue and white sky. Having those logs stick out in the center of the frame makes for a unique photo; they add to the layers and anchor the frame. I can’t think of a way to make this photo better. Gorgeous find.”
Here’s a gallery of Reader’s Lens picks for the year so far:
Share your recent photos from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos We judge the best and award a prize every December.
Most Read Life Stories
- A star bartender opens a French-inspired lounge and an acclaimed brewery expands to Woodinville
- How to get yourself and your car to the San Juan Islands: 5 tips for scoring ferry reservations (and what to do if you don’t get one)
- Fine dining at Aelder or a picnic-table supper at Hogstone's Wood Oven? A trip to an Orcas Island destination-restaurant duo
- It's easy to figure out what to order at Cemitas Tepeaca 2 in Des Moines: the majestic namesake sandwiches
- Puree, liquefy, crush: How to choose and use a blender