Seattle Times reader Patrick Sloan’s multilayered photo of an angler at Burien’s Seahurst Park.
Photographer: Patrick Sloan, Renton
Photo taken: Jan. 14, Seahurst Park, Burien
Photographer’s description: “After work I decided to head to Seahurst Park and see if I could capture a nice sunset. Along the beach, I spotted this lone fisherman and thought what a great subject for a photo. I am an amateur photographer, have been taking photos for about two years. Using a Sony RX100M3 camera.”
Expert says: “This photo is about the layers and is just beautiful. I love the silhouette of the fisherman against the yellow, blue and white sky. Having those logs stick out in the center of the frame makes for a unique photo; they add to the layers and anchor the frame. I can’t think of a way to make this photo better. Gorgeous find.”
Here’s a gallery of Reader’s Lens picks for the year so far:
Share your recent photos from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos We judge the best and award a prize every December.
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- After a career spent inhabiting other characters, Sally Field finds her own voice in her new book, 'In Pieces'
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW