Photographer: Aaron Roche, Seattle
Photo taken: Dec. 1, Jefferson Park, Seattle
Photographer’s description: “Silhouetted skateboarders atop Beacon Hill stole the beauty of this sunset. Shot with a Sony ILCE-6000 Hybrid camera with a 16-50mm Power Zoom lens.”
Expert says: “The photographer did a great job silhouetting this skateboarder while capturing the peak action. I love the rest of the silhouettes in the background of the people and lamp post — it gives the photo a sense of place. The colors are beautiful and the wisp of clouds, especially in the top half of the photo, nicely fill out the frame’s dead space. This very well-timed moment makes this photo clean and a winner in my book.”
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Don’t say ‘Happy Yom Kippur!’ and 4 other tips for the Jewish holy day
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Make his brother best man at his wedding? More like worst man | Dear Carolyn
- Travel Troubleshooter | She paid her own way after a flight cancellation. What does the airline owe her?
— Katie G. Cotterill, Seattle Times photo staff
Share your recent photo from around the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/northwestphotos
(and see an online gallery
of other Reader’s Lens photos). We judge the best and award a prize every December.