A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Anthony Medina, Bainbridge Island
Photo taken: March 15, Sun Valley, Idaho
Photographer’s description: “Spring skiing was at its best for skier Michael Medina and boarder Kian Murchison. Caught on Ridge Run with 300mm lens on a Canon Rebel XT, 100 ISO.”
Expert says: “This image is strong because of its ‘clean’ background, meaning the blue sky is simple and uncluttered behind the skier and snowboarder. When composing a photograph, position yourself to avoid anything in the background that might distract from your subject.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- The best dinner-for-two deal in Seattle: a bottle of wine and 2 pasta entrees for $35
- Off the grid: Exploring the San Juans' most remote islands VIEW
- Bad Travelers: A harrowing boat crossing to Victoria leads to a lesson — trust the professionals
- Rant & Rave: Avoid game-day traffic with planning
- 12 new bars in Seattle and on the Eastside, from a spot in The Spheres to one on a rooftop
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).