A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Anthony Medina, Bainbridge Island
Photo taken: March 15, Sun Valley, Idaho
Photographer’s description: “Spring skiing was at its best for skier Michael Medina and boarder Kian Murchison. Caught on Ridge Run with 300mm lens on a Canon Rebel XT, 100 ISO.”
Expert says: “This image is strong because of its ‘clean’ background, meaning the blue sky is simple and uncluttered behind the skier and snowboarder. When composing a photograph, position yourself to avoid anything in the background that might distract from your subject.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Giving up alcohol made our lives better — and turned us into terrible guests
- What to make of Renee Erickson's new restaurant and bar in the Amazon Spheres? Here's the verdict from our taste test
- 13 latest Seattle restaurant closures — with eviction notices, sudden shutdowns and more
- In honor of the Oscars, we asked Seattle chefs to name their picks for all-time Best Food Film VIEW
- Ever wander by these little cottages in the heart of Belltown? Stop in for an art class sometime soon | Seattle Sketcher
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).