A weekly column featuring reader photos.
Photographer: Anthony Medina, Bainbridge Island
Photo taken: March 15, Sun Valley, Idaho
Photographer’s description: “Spring skiing was at its best for skier Michael Medina and boarder Kian Murchison. Caught on Ridge Run with 300mm lens on a Canon Rebel XT, 100 ISO.”
Expert says: “This image is strong because of its ‘clean’ background, meaning the blue sky is simple and uncluttered behind the skier and snowboarder. When composing a photograph, position yourself to avoid anything in the background that might distract from your subject.” — Barbara Kinney, Features picture editor, The Seattle Times
Most Read Life Stories
- Dining Out: 10 essential Seattle restaurants
- Late bloomers: Adult ballet classes bring the joy of dance at any age VIEW
- 4 Washington cities make nation's top 50 urban areas for access to parks, public lands
- Rant & Rave: Leave the wolves alone
- Thanksgiving: What can and can’t be prepped ahead
Please send us your photo from a recent weekend in the Northwest. Submit online at seattletimes.com/weekendphotos. We’ll judge the year’s best in December (and award a prize).