I am fascinated by the mom purse. It's like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst...
I am fascinated by the mom purse. It’s like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst! is brought to you by the letter “S.”)
But sometimes, things that are not like the other, and just don’t belong — and don’t even start with the letter “S” — invade the mom purse. Like a hastily stashed diaper or a packet of wipes. This upsets the balance of the mom purse.
Which is why I love the idea of Diapees & Wipees — a stylish diaper pouch created by an enterprising (and fashionable) Texas mom.
“Like other moms, I don’t always need the whole diaper bag. I was throwing diapers in my handbag and they would get wadded up and scrunched,” says company founder Christie Rein. “One day, I got a new handbag, and I was like, ‘I am not putting this in my purse.’ “
Most Read Stories
- Seattle’s income tax on the wealthy is illegal, judge rules
- Analysis: Five reasons the Seahawks waived Dwight Freeney WATCH
- Retired Alabama cop on Roy Moore: ‘We were also told to ... make sure that he didn’t hang around the cheerleaders’
- Jobs that pay without a B.A.: the most lucrative fields in Washington state
- A Washington syrah was named second best wine in the world
Diapees & Wipees ($15, www.diapeesandwipees.com) hold two to four diapers and a travel pack of wipes. They are available in a variety of styles suitable for both moms and dads.
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org