I am fascinated by the mom purse. It's like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst...
I am fascinated by the mom purse. It’s like a magical Mary Poppins bag where the treats never end: Snacks. Stickers. Sunscreen. (This edition of Psst! is brought to you by the letter “S.”)
But sometimes, things that are not like the other, and just don’t belong — and don’t even start with the letter “S” — invade the mom purse. Like a hastily stashed diaper or a packet of wipes. This upsets the balance of the mom purse.
Which is why I love the idea of Diapees & Wipees — a stylish diaper pouch created by an enterprising (and fashionable) Texas mom.
“Like other moms, I don’t always need the whole diaper bag. I was throwing diapers in my handbag and they would get wadded up and scrunched,” says company founder Christie Rein. “One day, I got a new handbag, and I was like, ‘I am not putting this in my purse.’ “
Most Read Life Stories
- 'I never imagined ... a cold night on the mountain': Mount St. Helens summit attempt humbles a writer
- You can find Chinese roast duck all over Seattle, but Kau Kau was one of the first to do it — and they’re still one of the best
- As Washington's restaurants reopen from pandemic mode, here are some neighborhood eats you should revisit!
- From closing a restaurant forever to ‘Top Chef’ — an extraordinary pandemic year in the life of Seattle’s Shota Nakajima
- Spicy peanut noodles are a quick, pantry-friendly meal that's ready for riffing
Diapees & Wipees ($15, www.diapeesandwipees.com) hold two to four diapers and a travel pack of wipes. They are available in a variety of styles suitable for both moms and dads.
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org