A group of men in their 20s in Spokane has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
SPOKANE, Wash. — A group of men in their 20s in Washington state has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
Qualifications include a minimum of 18 years of experience as a dad and 10 years of grilling experience. The successful dad must bring his own grill, but burgers and hotdogs will be provided.
Dane Anderson tells KHQ-TV that the young men in Spokane don’t live with their fathers and, the ad says, none are prepared to fill the role of barbecue dad.
Additional requirements include talking about dad things such as lawnmowers, building your own deck and musician Jimmy Buffet. Payment is food and beer.
Most Read Life Stories
- 3 more great Seattle-area pop-ups to try this fall
- Warm weather delays ski season at Mission Ridge, Stevens Pass
- This vegetarian wild rice soup nourishes and wards off the chill on these rainy fall Seattle days
- Let Mexican molletes, the cheesy open-faced refried bean sandwiches, be your weeknight hero
- Fancy Indian food, a hot new vegan place and 25 other new restaurant openings in Seattle
Anderson says several potential barbecue dads have responded.
Interested? Here’s a link to the Craigslist ad.