A group of men in their 20s in Spokane has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
SPOKANE, Wash. — A group of men in their 20s in Washington state has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
Qualifications include a minimum of 18 years of experience as a dad and 10 years of grilling experience. The successful dad must bring his own grill, but burgers and hotdogs will be provided.
Dane Anderson tells KHQ-TV that the young men in Spokane don’t live with their fathers and, the ad says, none are prepared to fill the role of barbecue dad.
Additional requirements include talking about dad things such as lawnmowers, building your own deck and musician Jimmy Buffet. Payment is food and beer.
Most Read Life Stories
- Noriko Nasu was the victim of a violent, unprovoked attack in Seattle. Now, she’s speaking out against anti-Asian hate crimes
- 25 new restaurant and bar openings around the greater Seattle area
- Reader reports buzzing in ears after receiving vaccine. Ring a bell?
- For Mother’s Day, a delicious springtime frittata and — finally, hopefully — a hug
- A Bainbridge Island whiskey takes top honors at the San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Anderson says several potential barbecue dads have responded.
Interested? Here’s a link to the Craigslist ad.