A group of men in their 20s in Spokane has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
SPOKANE, Wash. — A group of men in their 20s in Washington state has posted a Craigslist ad seeking a generic dad to grill burgers and hotdogs for a gathering set for the Saturday of Father’s Day weekend in mid-June.
Qualifications include a minimum of 18 years of experience as a dad and 10 years of grilling experience. The successful dad must bring his own grill, but burgers and hotdogs will be provided.
Dane Anderson tells KHQ-TV that the young men in Spokane don’t live with their fathers and, the ad says, none are prepared to fill the role of barbecue dad.
Additional requirements include talking about dad things such as lawnmowers, building your own deck and musician Jimmy Buffet. Payment is food and beer.
Most Read Life Stories
- 'We belong out there': How the Nordic concept of friluftsliv — outdoor life — could help the Pacific Northwest get through this COVID winter
- Seattle Restaurant Week returns for a fall 2020 pandemic edition — starting today
- Here's the secret to making super-crispy chicken wings at home — no frying needed
- The key to the best chicken soup from scratch? Ditch the old-world recipes
- Seattle's James Beard award-winning restaurant Tilth is closing forever
Anderson says several potential barbecue dads have responded.
Interested? Here’s a link to the Craigslist ad.