Seattle Parks and Recreation is hosting two seminars in November to help make your home greener through sustainable products and improvements...
Seattle Parks and Recreation is hosting two seminars in November to help make your home greener through sustainable products and improvements.
At the Green Products for Home Interiors session, Alicia Silva, of Greener Lifestyles, will talk about what makes a product like flooring or tiles “green” and the quality of the products. The seminar will be 7-9 p.m. Nov. 9. The registration deadline is Nov. 2.
If you’re interested in large-scale green products, the Nov. 18 workshop will address adding solar energy to a home. Learn about design and assembly of solar panels for homes, and tour local solar projects with Mike Nelson, co-founder of the Northwest Solar Center. This event will be 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. on Nov. 18. The deadline for registering is Nov. 10.
Register for the workshops at 206-684-0877. Both are at Carkeek Park Environmental Learning Center, 950 N.W. Carkeek Park Road, Seattle. For more information, see “Living Green” programs at www.seattle.gov/parks.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- Rant & Rave: Crows are quite smart. They don’t need your help finding food
Nicole Tsong: email@example.com