It's too early to have lost my holiday cheer. But I'm sick of shopping already. That cold snap gave me dry skin. And I don't want to wear...
It’s too early to have lost my holiday cheer. But I’m sick of shopping already. That cold snap gave me dry skin. And I don’t want to wear an ugly sweater, even if it is an “ugly holiday sweater” party.
If you’re like me and in need of a little holiday pick-me-up, veer away from the chaos of the women’s shoe section and proceed to the cosmetics counter. You can get the red-carpet treatment at Osmotics Cosmeceuticals, which offers 30-minute LED photo rejuvenation skin treatments on the spot at the downtown Seattle and Bellevue Nordstrom stores.
“It’s like giving yourself a collagen injection with your own collagen,” says company founder Francine Porter. “It gives your skin a great glow, like you’ve had a nice, restful vacation.”
The fancy-sounding treatment was developed based on research from NASA (seriously), but all I really needed to know is that celebrities do it before walking the red carpet at the Oscars. The treatment is $75 — or free with $150 Osmotics purchase — but as they say, pretty girls are happy girls. Who am I to put a price on happiness?
Most Read Life Stories
- 'I never imagined ... a cold night on the mountain': Mount St. Helens summit attempt humbles a writer
- As Washington's restaurants reopen from pandemic-mode, here are some neighborhood eats you should revisit!
- Spicy peanut noodles are a quick, pantry-friendly meal that's ready for riffing
- The big tuna sandwich mystery at Subway
- Not a hot take: Saunas offer real benefit for blood pressure
Appointments are required: 206-628-1033 (Seattle Nordstrom) or 425-455-5800, ext. 1921 (Bellevue store).
Pamela Sitt: 206-464-2376 or firstname.lastname@example.org