Name, age: Ty, 8. Background: Ty is an energetic boy who loves cars and auto racing. He's an avid fisherman, too, and enjoys spending weekends...
Name, age: Ty, 8.
Background: Ty is an energetic boy who loves cars and auto racing. He’s an avid fisherman, too, and enjoys spending weekends out on the water. A gifted artist, he enjoys sketching and making elaborate paper airplanes. He likes being part of a family and takes pride in helping with chores.
In the third grade, Ty’s favorite subjects are math and science. His reading skills are above average; he enjoys chapter books. It will be important for adoptive parents to advocate for his educational needs and to help him with homework.
Ty benefits from weekly counseling.
Most Read Life Stories
- 'I never imagined ... a cold night on the mountain': Mount St. Helens summit attempt humbles a writer
- As Washington's restaurants reopen from pandemic-mode, here are some neighborhood eats you should revisit!
- Spicy peanut noodles are a quick, pantry-friendly meal that's ready for riffing
- The big tuna sandwich mystery at Subway
- Not a hot take: Saunas offer real benefit for blood pressure
Needed: Single parents or couples. Ty would like a family with big brothers. He is very interested in having a pet.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.