Name, age: Illuminada, 22 months. Background: Illuminada, who is nicknamed Lulu, is a lively baby with a sweet smile. She does some imitating...
Name, age: Illuminada, 22 months.
Background: Illuminada, who is nicknamed Lulu, is a lively baby with a sweet smile. She does some imitating and seems to be learning things through extensive repetition.
Lulu has multiple medical issues caused by her premature birth. She is currently in a pediatric medical and developmental treatment facility, where she has made significant progress. She is meeting the goals her occupational and physical therapists set for her. She recently passed a swallow test for thickened liquids and enjoys baby food.
Adoptive parents need to accept that Lulu’s potential is not yet known. The family chosen to adopt her will receive medical training through the state.
Most Read Life Stories
- More outdoor dining options in Seattle, QR code menus — here are 8 food legacies from the pandemic that will stick around
- When Juneteenth was just ours: Reflecting on the national recognition of a holiday that was once just for Black folks
- Here's how you can stay cool outdoors when that intense heat wave hits Seattle
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
Needed: A stay-at-home parent in a small, loving, skilled family. Parents should expect to advocate for her educational and medical needs.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday ‘s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.