Name, age: Katie, 11. Background: Katie likes to cook and help in the kitchen. She enjoys drawing and playing soccer. She'd like to learn...
Name, age: Katie, 11.
Background: Katie likes to cook and help in the kitchen. She enjoys drawing and playing soccer. She’d like to learn gymnastics and have a puppy.
As for adoptive parents, Katie told her caseworker that “I’d like a respectful, kind and gentle family that will be there for me and won’t give me up — ever. I’d like to be the only child or have older sisters who are active and like to have fun. I would want my parents to come to my games at school and pay attention to me.”
Katie does best in a structured setting. She will benefit from family counseling to help with attachment issues and bonding. She needs time to trust adults.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- Rant & Rave: Crows are quite smart. They don’t need your help finding food
- See the Pacific Northwest this summer with these 12 road trips from Seattle
Needed: A patient, loving couple or single mom who can use a “love and logic” parenting style to be empathetic but firm.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday ‘s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.