Name, age: Tianna, 7. Background: Tianna is very creative and artistic. Favorite pastimes include doing crafts, playing sports, riding her...
Name, age: Tianna, 7.
Background: Tianna is very creative and artistic. Favorite pastimes include doing crafts, playing sports, riding her bike and singing.
Tianna appears to be on target developmentally. She enjoys school in the second grade and is doing well academically in a regular classroom. She receives extra support in reading. She does best with structured activities.
Tianna benefits from counseling. She would like to maintain contact with her biological brother.
Most Read Life Stories
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
- 11 things to do in the Seattle area this weekend
- Seattle’s AIDS Memorial Pathway becomes one of few memorials honoring those lost to the epidemic
- Pioneer Park on Mercer Island is a cool, shady retreat for dogs, humans and horses
- See the Pacific Northwest this summer with these 12 road trips from Seattle
Needed: A couple or single mom with a flexible schedule and plenty of time for parenting. She would do best as an only child or the youngest of much older siblings. An adoptive family must provide opportunities for her to participate in the African American community.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.