Name, age: James, 7. Background: James gets along well with everyone, from teachers to school mates to foster siblings. He likes to be helpful...
Name, age: James, 7.
Background: James gets along well with everyone, from teachers to school mates to foster siblings. He likes to be helpful and join activities. He enjoys swimming, doing gymnastics and playing board games.
James has made significant gains in school, where he benefits from extra support in some academic areas. He excels in spelling and is improving his speech articulation.
In counseling, he has worked on preparing for adoption. He has an affectionate, loving relationship with his foster parents, who say he is a joy to parent.
Most Read Life Stories
- Why Aisha Ibrahim is the perfect chef for Canlis at the perfect time, and how she earned Seattle’s most coveted restaurant job
- Past, present, future: As Canlis plans to reopen its dining room, its owners reflect on an intense pandemic year
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Helpful summer health tip: How to protect kids from mosquito bites
- We check out T-Mobile Park's new food and entertainment options
Needed: A two-parent family that can provide a structured environment to help James feel safe. He would do well with other siblings, especially older ones. He says he would particularly like a brother.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.