Name: Haley, 12 Background: Haley is a kind, helpful, outgoing girl. She enjoys the outdoors, playing sports and collecting porcelain dolls...
Name: Haley, 12
Background: Haley is a kind, helpful, outgoing girl. She enjoys the outdoors, playing sports and collecting porcelain dolls and clay sculptures. She also likes to read novels and watch movies. Her caseworker says she is a wonderful young lady with a lot of potential.
Developmentally on target, Haley reports getting mostly average grades in school but knows she can do better. In the seventh grade, she does well socially and has a lot of friends.
Haley is doing well in her current foster home, where she has been for a year. She hopes to maintain contact with a biological older brother and extended family members, including a great-aunt.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- New hiking trail app designed to help avoid crowded trails
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
Needed: Haley would like an active two-parent family that enjoys camping, swimming and sports activities. She would do well as the oldest of younger siblings, but her caseworker says Haley is the kind of child who would thrive in any family that embraces her.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.