Name, age: Eddie, 3. Background: Eddie enjoys playing outside, banging on pots and splashing in the tub. His favorite toys are trucks. After hearing certain sounds...
Name, age: Eddie, 3.
Background: Eddie enjoys playing outside, banging on pots and splashing in the tub. His favorite toys are trucks. After hearing certain sounds, he can let go a tummy-shaking volley of giggles that gets everyone around him laughing.
Eddie was born with a congenital condition characterized by cognitive impairment and developmental delays. He receives speech, developmental and physical therapy, which has helped him learn many new skills. He can chew and swallow soft foods such as mashed potatoes. He mostly crawls but does some assisted walking. He qualifies for early intervention and special-education services.
He might benefit from limited contact with his young mom, who voluntarily relinquished her parenting rights.
Most Read Life Stories
- Staff at Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan's restaurants quits following sexual misconduct allegations
- Travelers can fly nonstop to 16 world destinations from Seattle — but should you? Know the COVID rules, risks
- Seattle chef Edouardo Jordan responds to sexual misconduct allegations in Seattle Times report
- New hiking trail app designed to help avoid crowded trails
- J. Kenji López-Alt is Seattle’s most powerful food influencer — and its most reluctant one
Needed: Loving, dedicated parents who are realistic about his ongoing needs and willing to advocate for services at school and in the community.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Sunday ‘s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.